I've become a crap blogger, I know, but thought I'd check in and say hello. We have alot going on now but some exciting things ahead, so maybe I'll get my act together and be present here more soon enough. One of the exciting things is baby is due in 4.5 weeks, although I doubt I am going to go that long. And I have other big life changing news to share soon, but it'll have to wait for now. Let's just say our summer is going to be all kinds of exciting crazy and I hope we're up for it!
--I'm nesting and getting many things ready for baby from organizing his clothes to getting our changing table/dresser set with supplies to getting my hospital bag started.
--I haven't been seeing Michael a great deal as he finishes his dissertation these next few weeks, BUT I have been daydreaming of the great couple days we had earlier in the month. It was a no-kiddo pre-baby getaway while Eleanor stayed at my parents. My first nights away from her EVER. Long overdue. We had everything and anything ahead we wanted to do and nothing we had to do. So great.
--Girlie is talking lately about nothing beyond being a big sister. She's major stoked about the little guy coming. The other day after talking excitedly about being a big sister she exclaimed "I'm going to be too tall for houses!"
--I'm smiling as I see flowers come up in our yard. I even see the startings of this gorgeous 3 foot lilly beginning to slowly emerge.
The title of this blog was inspired by the utopian novel by Charlotte Perkins Gilman, author of The Yellow Wallpaper. The word itself has went further and captured for me a special sense of "place" for me and my daughter Eleanor. A free copy of the book can be read online by clicking the image.
Check out my first blog--Al Ain Notebook--written during our family's year abroad in the United Arab Emirates (2008-2009)
Books Read 2010
03. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
02. Never Let Me Go by Kazup Ishiguaro
01. Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult
Books Read 2009
23. Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri
22. The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
21. Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
20. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
19. The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid
18. Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos
17. Stuart Little by EB White
16. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
15. Girls of Riyadh by Rajaa Alsanea
14. The Olive Readers by Christine Aziz
13. Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
12. Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator by Roald Dahl
11. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
10. Princess: The True Story of Life Inside the Saudi Arabia's Royal Family by Jean Sasson