Thursday, October 1, 2009

Date Night


So Michael and I had our glorious date night last weekend. It had been so long! As much as we love girlie, it was so nice to go out to dinner just us. We could take our time, relax and not worry about her. We went to Cap City which is sooo good. And then since all the good movies were coming out not for another week or more, I was major psyched that Michael was up for seeing the sneak preview of the new Ellen Page movie Whip It directed by Drew Barrymore.

I can't recommend this movie more. It was funny and feminist. I loved Ellen Page in Juno and amazingly think I loved her even more in this. I would totally love to see Eleanor doing roller derby when she gets older. I want to do it! I'm sure everyone and their sister is going to start checking out the local roller derby scene that may be happening around them and I think that's awesome.

5 comments:

Thistlebrooms said...

I've heard nothing but 'Wonderful' things about this grand movie...I NEED to take my daughter to it I was told!!!
Thanks for sharing...
My Best...Marilyn

bethany said...

Oh, how wonderful for you and your hubby to get a night out! I'm glad this movie is getting wonderful reviews from everyone who's seen it...it looks great!

Catherine said...

Date night sounds lovely, it must have felt quite exciting! I'm really looking forward to seeing that film and it's great to have you recommend it.

Anonymous said...

I've really been looking forward to Whip It, so I'm glad to hear the positive review!

Anonymous said...

I remember Columbus having an all-female Roller Derby league when we were there. I wonder if its still around.

-David Lansing