So I totally suck at blogging lately. I think it was just much easier when we were abroad because I felt like there was more to share, more going on, and had a deeper sense of needing to stay in touch with being so far away. And I totally don't want this blog to be just about photos of the girl! But since most of my days revolve around her, that can be hard not to do! So here is yet another about the girl....and I promise I'll do better next time.
A couple weekends ago we had our photos taken again by the fabulous and talented Jessi Weithman of Everyday Studios. She is a good Mama friend of mine. She was one of my most faithful friends who emailed me without fail throughout our time abroad. And when I say throughout I mean several times a week - often daily!
I wanted to share a few photos during our session that are my favorite...a storytime with Eleanor in the woods. Many of you know I'm a librarian and am so happy that Eleanor already shares a great great love of books.
If you are looking for a wonderful photographer in the Central Ohio area, please do visit Jessi's site Everyday Studios for more information. She also has a fun blog to read.
The title of this blog was inspired by the utopian novel by Charlotte Perkins Gilman, author of The Yellow Wallpaper. The word itself has went further and captured for me a special sense of "place" for me and my daughter Eleanor. A free copy of the book can be read online by clicking the image.
Check out my first blog--Al Ain Notebook--written during our family's year abroad in the United Arab Emirates (2008-2009)
Books Read 2010
03. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
02. Never Let Me Go by Kazup Ishiguaro
01. Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult
Books Read 2009
23. Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri
22. The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
21. Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
20. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
19. The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid
18. Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos
17. Stuart Little by EB White
16. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
15. Girls of Riyadh by Rajaa Alsanea
14. The Olive Readers by Christine Aziz
13. Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
12. Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator by Roald Dahl
11. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
10. Princess: The True Story of Life Inside the Saudi Arabia's Royal Family by Jean Sasson