Man I need a great weekend ahead as if it is the only thing that will sustain my life force at this moment! And fortunately there are some pretty exciting things in the plans....
--my parents are coming up from Cincinnati to visit and watch Eleanor so Michael and I can go on a needed date.
--I'll be seeing my friend Dianna on Sunday morning for brunch and/or a movie! We've been hoping to see Where the Wild Things Are.
--and then hopefully a whole lotta nothing nothing nothing, including at least one nap! That is an essential.
Hope you have a great weekend yourself! xx
photo taken by Jessi of Everyday Studios (see previous post). I forgot to mention why that book she is reading is so sweet. Leonardo the Terrible Monster mentions an Eleanor--specifically "He wasn't BIG like Eleanor." That cracks her up every time :)
The title of this blog was inspired by the utopian novel by Charlotte Perkins Gilman, author of The Yellow Wallpaper. The word itself has went further and captured for me a special sense of "place" for me and my daughter Eleanor. A free copy of the book can be read online by clicking the image.
Check out my first blog--Al Ain Notebook--written during our family's year abroad in the United Arab Emirates (2008-2009)
Books Read 2010
03. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
02. Never Let Me Go by Kazup Ishiguaro
01. Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult
Books Read 2009
23. Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri
22. The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
21. Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
20. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
19. The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid
18. Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos
17. Stuart Little by EB White
16. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
15. Girls of Riyadh by Rajaa Alsanea
14. The Olive Readers by Christine Aziz
13. Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
12. Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator by Roald Dahl
11. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
10. Princess: The True Story of Life Inside the Saudi Arabia's Royal Family by Jean Sasson