Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Advent Book Calendar


I get so inspired by the holidays and holiday decor! I saw this BOOK advent calendar on Ohdeedoh and immediately loved it. Now this number of books could be pricey BUT you could get creative and do paperback picture books, cheap coloring books or notebooks in the mix, OR even library books for reading--why not! After the holidays sales might also be a good time to pick up some books for next year. Love it! And you could wrap up the same ones next year not knowing how the stories will unfold.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is a wonderful idea!

Cat Herself said...

Soooo, did you do this?

Cheryl said...

Cathy, saw it too late for this year, but plan on it for next year I hope!

Billie said...

Have to say I found your blog in a rather round about way. I used to be stationed with your husband in Monterey, then Goodfellow, and Camp LeJeune. One of the most respectable young men I met, I must say. Anyhow, I found a friend on FB, looked through his friend list to see if I knew anyone else, and then stumbled across you and was curious if this was the bride of the Ewers I once knew. So, belated congratulatory notes (wedding, children) and all that. :) Anyhow, I love this idea! I've been struggling the last few years with putting together an Advent Calendar and this is an idea I know my husband will LOVE!