Monday, December 14, 2009

Days


So my little Eleanor turned THREE this past Friday. We had quite the birthday weekend for her traveling down to Cincy to see family and she ate up all the attention and birthday looty loot she scored. It was nice. Hard to believe just a year ago we were celebrating her birthday at Jahli Park in the UAE with high 70 degree weather!

Have you ever seen The Secret Language of Birthdays? It's a great fun book to take a look at. Every day of the year is labeled with "The Day of the......." describing characteristics of people born on this date, things for them to watch out for, strengths and weakness, and famous people born on this day, etc.

I remember pouring over this book as I approached my due date curious of what date Eleanor could possibly be born on. And what's her day? "The Day of Intensity" - yeah. And she lives up to it! My day is "The Day of the Blissful Wizard" which I really like the sound of, although I wish I lived up to a bit more - maybe I do, I don't know.

Something I haven't mentioned on here is we are expecting another baby which is pretty exciting. Baby is due May 27th ("The Day of Driven Dedication" oh boy) but I know the great likelihood is most babies are not born on their due dates. So we'll see!

When I worked at my last library branch we put this book on the break table and people would look up their day and write it down on this large wipe-on-wipe-off board we had. It was VERY interesting and fun. Take a look sometime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Eleanor! I am partial to the Day of Intensity myself. :)

And congratulations on the new baby on the way! How exciting!