Friday, February 12, 2010

Beautiful Boy


I had a special moment in the shower this morning. Beautiful Boy by John Lennon came right into my head. How has this song not found it's way into my thoughts during the last month since learning we are having a baby boy?! I'm a Beatles fanatic so it's almost incomprehensible! I love love love this song and humming the beautiful lines made me cry....

Close your eyes,
Have no fear,
The monsters gone,
He's on the run and your daddy's here,

Beautiful,
Beautiful, beautiful,
Beautiful Boy,

Before you go to sleep,
Say a little prayer,
Every day in every way,
It's getting better and better,

Beautiful,
Beautiful, beautiful,
Beautiful Boy,

Out on the ocean sailing away,
I can hardly wait,
To see you to come of age,
But I guess we'll both,
Just have to be patient,
Yes it's a long way to go,
But in the meantime,

Before you cross the street,
Take my hand,
Life is just what happens to you,
While your busy making other plans,


Beautiful,
Beautiful, beautiful,
Beautiful Boy,
Darling,
Darling,
Darling Sean.

Something I had meant to do when we were getting ready for Eleanor's arrival was make a birth/laboring CD and if I remember correctly it was one of those things that didn't quite happen - although we did bring music - and I don't think we played anything! Anyway, this is an important aspect to me this time around and I am trying here and there to jot down music that we love, music that makes us happy, feel positive, music to make us think about how close we are to seeing our little guy.

I haven't gotten very far but I know this song will go on there for sure. Also She Loves Me Like a Rock by Paul Simon and Forever Young by Bob Dylan.

3 comments:

Texan after UAE said...

I really enjoyed reading your UAE blog. I hope your happy back in the states. I do miss it, but uae will be my home. :))) I will follow your blog. :)) can't wait to read it. :)

Lisa said...

What breaks my heart about the relationship with John Lennon and his (two) sons is that one got the love, and the other got the pain.

Julian reaped the non-benefits of his mother's broken relationship with John.

Shawn reaped the benefits of his mom's role as the love of John's life from then onward.

Whenever I hear that song by Julian Lennon, talking about how it's "much too late form goodbyes," that's all I can think of....

Cheryl said...

Hi Lisa, I have thought of this before too. Very unfortunate. For me it's also about the maturity one needs to be a good parent. John obviously wasn't ready for fatherhood earlier in his life when he had Julian :(