We just received this earth ball in the mail. I was so excited since it's been out of supply for months and months, if not a year or so. I think will be fun for Eleanor and baby in different ways. Totally envisioning our little guy's room with bright white and pops of brillant blue with lots of camels, cool ugly dolls, vintage globes and maps in the mix.
Also have my eyes on this....
bamboo tree mobile. I can totally see hanging this somewhere else in our house after it's no longer used above the crib. But I do have an interesting colorful palm tree and camel mobile from Dubai that I picked up before we came home I'm excited to use.
The title of this blog was inspired by the utopian novel by Charlotte Perkins Gilman, author of The Yellow Wallpaper. The word itself has went further and captured for me a special sense of "place" for me and my daughter Eleanor. A free copy of the book can be read online by clicking the image.
Check out my first blog--Al Ain Notebook--written during our family's year abroad in the United Arab Emirates (2008-2009)
Books Read 2010
03. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
02. Never Let Me Go by Kazup Ishiguaro
01. Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult
Books Read 2009
23. Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri
22. The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
21. Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
20. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
19. The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid
18. Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos
17. Stuart Little by EB White
16. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
15. Girls of Riyadh by Rajaa Alsanea
14. The Olive Readers by Christine Aziz
13. Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
12. Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator by Roald Dahl
11. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
10. Princess: The True Story of Life Inside the Saudi Arabia's Royal Family by Jean Sasson