After a week or more of rain rain rain, it was so awesome to have a beautiful day like today. We decided to venture out to the Topiary Park right smack in downtown Columbus. It's located right next to Main Library and we used to go here for walks or to throw around a baseball ALL the time when we first got married and moved to Columbus, but it's been awhile now. I actually think the last time I might have been here was when I was pregnant with Eleanor....
Anyway, it's a wonderful place to visit. We had a little simple picnic, looked at the beautiful Topiary which is interpreted from the famous George Seurat's painting A Sunday Afternoon on the Isle of La Grande Jatte, checked out the baby ducks in the pretty pond, and Michael and Eleanor got in a fun game of hide-and-seek!
The Friends of the Topiary Park and those who maintain it should get big kudos for how gorgeous it is always maintained. It's the start of the season, so of course the bushes will grow into the sculpture. Also neat to visit during winter months as well.
The title of this blog was inspired by the utopian novel by Charlotte Perkins Gilman, author of The Yellow Wallpaper. The word itself has went further and captured for me a special sense of "place" for me and my daughter Eleanor. A free copy of the book can be read online by clicking the image.
Check out my first blog--Al Ain Notebook--written during our family's year abroad in the United Arab Emirates (2008-2009)
Books Read 2010
03. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
02. Never Let Me Go by Kazup Ishiguaro
01. Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult
Books Read 2009
23. Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri
22. The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
21. Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
20. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
19. The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid
18. Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos
17. Stuart Little by EB White
16. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
15. Girls of Riyadh by Rajaa Alsanea
14. The Olive Readers by Christine Aziz
13. Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
12. Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator by Roald Dahl
11. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
10. Princess: The True Story of Life Inside the Saudi Arabia's Royal Family by Jean Sasson