This baby is 3 days past his due date and I feel like he is never going to come. Although I have to cut him some slack because he did wait for his dad to defend his dissertation this week and for us to have a great visit with out-of-town family we hadn't seen for nearly two years. But seriously - come on, baby! We want to meet you!
Something I haven't shared on this blog yet but alluded to - we're moving to Texas this July! It's going to be a crazy busy summer with the new baby and move, but I am so proud of Michael in getting a tenure track position at a great university there. Texas is going to be a change for us but we are excited about this great opportunity and finally settling somewhere.
During their visit, our family gave us this adorable Ohio state teether. I've had my eye on this etsy shop for awhile now and it was special to receive. Thank you, Sandy and Joe! It's just perfect for us to remember where our family comes from. I'm proud and glad that both Michael and I were born in Ohio (Cincinnati) and our children as well (Columbus). This was a very touching gift for us to remember our home as we move onto a new one.
The title of this blog was inspired by the utopian novel by Charlotte Perkins Gilman, author of The Yellow Wallpaper. The word itself has went further and captured for me a special sense of "place" for me and my daughter Eleanor. A free copy of the book can be read online by clicking the image.
Check out my first blog--Al Ain Notebook--written during our family's year abroad in the United Arab Emirates (2008-2009)
Books Read 2010
03. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
02. Never Let Me Go by Kazup Ishiguaro
01. Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult
Books Read 2009
23. Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri
22. The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
21. Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
20. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
19. The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid
18. Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos
17. Stuart Little by EB White
16. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
15. Girls of Riyadh by Rajaa Alsanea
14. The Olive Readers by Christine Aziz
13. Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
12. Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator by Roald Dahl
11. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
10. Princess: The True Story of Life Inside the Saudi Arabia's Royal Family by Jean Sasson