Our baby, Samuel Bela (pronounced "bay-lah"), arrived a week ago on June 2nd weighing in at 9lbs, 4.5 ounces and 21 inches, nearly a week after his due date. He has the sweetest disposition and is surprising us by how much he sleeps! Such a contrast to our first born who gave us a run for the money at first on the sleep department and screaming - I mean, crying. Of course his most active/fussy time seems to be 3-6 a.m. and it is not easy to wake this one to eat!
So blessed to have Michael taking care of us. He is so tired looking - we all are save Eleanor - who as you can see is major excited to be a big sister! She also had a great time with my amazing mom and grandma who watched her while we were in the hospital. And thanks to Dianna, my best friend, who watched her for an evening while my Mom drove up from Cincy.
Keeping this short as I could go on about our Samuel. I had a very difficult time having him. and it resulted in a c-section. Basically I am recovering from two births. This has been one of the hardest - if not THE hardest - weeks of my life with the pain and worry of recovery, so thankfully I have something special to lift me up during this incredibly emotional time. Isn't he sweet?
Also thanks to my friend, Jessi (photographer extraordinairre, who is expecting her 3rd boy this summer), for visiting us in the hospital and taking the first and last photo :)
The title of this blog was inspired by the utopian novel by Charlotte Perkins Gilman, author of The Yellow Wallpaper. The word itself has went further and captured for me a special sense of "place" for me and my daughter Eleanor. A free copy of the book can be read online by clicking the image.
Check out my first blog--Al Ain Notebook--written during our family's year abroad in the United Arab Emirates (2008-2009)
Books Read 2010
03. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
02. Never Let Me Go by Kazup Ishiguaro
01. Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult
Books Read 2009
23. Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri
22. The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
21. Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
20. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
19. The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid
18. Belong to Me by Marisa de los Santos
17. Stuart Little by EB White
16. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
15. Girls of Riyadh by Rajaa Alsanea
14. The Olive Readers by Christine Aziz
13. Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
12. Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator by Roald Dahl
11. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
10. Princess: The True Story of Life Inside the Saudi Arabia's Royal Family by Jean Sasson